Wednesday, December 19, 2012

the first snowfall

The first snowfall from the eyes of a child. Pure, innocent, and joyful. Perhaps winter isn't so bad afterall. If only it wasn't so cold. I become quite the hermit throughout winter. My toes are always cold and I frequently long for the warmth of my bed and the restfulness of sleep. I must be part bear. 

The first snow fall of 2012 happened in November. Before leaving for work Rich went to shovel the sidewalks and feed the dog and by the time he was done the girls were dressed in their winter gear (over their jammies) and ready to play. Being the awesome father he is, he said, "work can wait" and played for about 30 minutes in the snow. Our girls were in pure heaven. They built their first snowman of the season.


It was a lot of hard work. And sometimes, when you're out before breakfast you can get hungry for a little snack. Poor snowman.

1 comment:

  1. I was doing a quick catch up. I LOVE these photos! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete