Monday, December 17, 2012

I, serra, pledge to take the challenge.

when i sit down to write my family histories I have this feeling that I am releasing the trapped words within my brain. There is something therapeutic to writing. It has been decided that I am a terrible blogger, although I used to be quite regular. That was when I lived 800 miles away from my parents and had an exciting dating life. Since I got married and my parents have moved closer it seems I haven't blogged much. This is not to say I lead a boring life. Rather, I share my every days with someone, therefore I no longer feel the need to tell someone else about what's going on in my life. That portion of my needs is fulfilled by my husband. That being said, it still feels good to write. I look back on my nearly 7 years of bad (nearly non-existent) writing habits and feel sorry I have not been better. I feel badly that my children do not have a wonderful written history. I hope their life in pictures proves to be much richer.

One of my goals last year was to update my blog more regularly so that when I went to write my histories, it was easier.... I failed. Miserably. This year, I am getting more into photography so I am hoping to take on a new challenge. One I hope to not fail so miserably. The challenge is to take at least one post-worthy picture a week. That means, you should be hearing from me at least once a week. Or, at least once a month with atleast 4-5 pictures, right? I will continue to by my lazy blogging self throughout the rest of this year. Here's to hoping you see me the first week in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment